- Define Emotional Intelligence
- Current scientific and business support for Emotional Intelligence
- Interpretation of Emotional Competence Inventory feedback
- Identify YOUR EQ competencies strength and areas for development using the results of your ECI 360
- Practical implications and real-life effects of the biology of emotion
- Determine how to anticipate and manage your emotions, and to anticipate and work with the emotions of others
- Examine the value of EQ in the workplace
- Communicate more effectively
- How to promote EQ within your business
- How EQ drives leadership, culture and performance
- How to use EQ in relationships, health, decision-making, creativity and stress
- Develop a personalized leadership development plans
Prior to the workshop, you’ll complete the Emotional Competency Inventory (ECI) 360 online.
During the workshop you will receive a comprehensive workbook with study notes. Your own ECI 360 results will be handed out in a sealed package at the end of day one. You will start developing your personalized leadership development plan.
You will receive a one-on-one individualized, private follow-up coaching to support your implementation of your leadership development plans by telephone within a month after the workshop.
EQ Assessment (ECI 360)
The Emotional Competency Inventory (ECI) allows you to plot how you think you’re doing against how others perceive you.
The 360-degree element of the tool means that data is collected from you, your manager, peers, direct reports, and others to give a fully rounded picture of how you compare to a target group of successful leaders and managers. The competencies measured are those which are most relevant to your development at work.
The EQ workshop will focus on emotional intelligence (EI) competencies, develop your personal skills and abilities, improve your self-awareness, self-management, relationships with others, and ability to engage with and work in organizations.
Our focus will be on incremental changes that, if done over time, will have a large impact. Our philosophy is that we must be open to change and have a desire to improve. You can only change yourself – nobody else can change you and you can’t change anybody else.
The EQ Coaching sessions includes all the aspects of the EQ assessment program, and then adds follow-up coaching sessions, adaptive action planning and additional style testing customized to meet the needs of each individual.
EQ Coaching sessions can be conducted remotely and/or in person. Between coaching sessions, you’ll be asked to track and document your experiences, noting your “Stories” about yourself and the other. The goals of this exercise are to:
- Take responsibility for your own experience.
- Deepen your self-awareness.
- Learn to manage or regulate yourself in relationships in effective ways.
- Build your window of tolerance and flexibility.
- Increase your capacity to acknowledge and appreciate yourself and others.
- Learn and practice critical communication processes that can make a dramatic improvement in relationships.